VISITING RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Inmate will receive an order and will be let out of the cellblock and report to the visiting room for the visit. Inmates will be strip-searched before and after each visit and inmate must be dressed only in regulation jail uniform, briefs or boxer shorts, T-shirt, shoes and socks before entering and during the entire time in the visitation room.
2. Time allotted per visit is one (1) hour. Any part of one (1) hour equals one (1) hour. No more than two (2) visitors per visit. Children must remain on visitors lap and will not be permitted on visiting counter.
3. Inmates will not receive any items from visitor in the visiting room. Any and all items a visitor wishes to leave for an inmate will be left at the control room window in the visitors lobby to be checked and accepted or rejected by the staff.
4. General and Close Custody secured inmates will be allowed open visitation limited to two (2) one (1) hour visits per week.
5. Trustees will be allowed open visitation limited to three (3) one (1) hour visits per week.
6. Visitors 16 and 17 years of age must have written permission from parents or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must accompany visitor on first visit. Parent or legal guardian must accompany visitors under 16 years of age. Only those children of inmates will be admitted that have been approved on the initial visit.
7. No visitor will be allowed to visit, if in the opinion of the staff, the visitor is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
8. Inmates and visitors must conduct themselves in a quiet and orderly manner at all times. Profanity, vulgarity, loud or boisterous talking will not be tolerated, and will result in terminating of the visit.
9. Inmate may shake hands, kiss and/or embrace visitors at the beginning or at the end of each visit. At no time will fondling or prolonged embraces be allowed. Inmates and their visitors shall be required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with reasonable standards of public decency.
10. Ex-inmates of this facility will be allowed visitation at the discretion of the Jail Administrator or his designee.
11. Inmates will remain seated and must keep their feet on the floor and their hands on the visiting counter.
12. Either an inmate or visitor based on the discretion of the staff may terminate a visit immediately and without question.
13. Should the need arise for an emergency visit it may be approved or denied by the Administrator or his designee based on the following:
a. If inmate has prior knowledge of visitor coming it will not be considered an Emergency Visit.
14. All visitors will be attired properly for visitation. No hooded sweatshirts, pullovers or coats of any kind will be allowed. Visitors will wear acceptable clothing deemed appropriate for visitation at a public building. No half shirts, mini skirts, short shorts or open shirts will be allowed.
How time is charged:
a. If it is on a normal visiting day and the inmate has time on the books that visit will be charged to the inmate.
b. If it is on a non-visiting day and the inmate has time on the books that visit will also be charged to the inmate.
c. If the inmate has no time left and the visit is approved then no time is charged to the inmate.
Conduct of Visitation:
a. If the visit occurs during normal visitation contact visitation will be allowed.
b. If the visit occurs on a non-visitation day or time, only non-contact visitation will be allowed.
c. All visitors must have proper ID each time they visit. (NYS Drivers License, Military or DMV ID or other State issued Drivers License)
ANY VIOLATION OF ABOVE VISITING RULES WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY SANCTIONS INCLUDING LOSS OF CONTACT VISITING AND/OR 1-HOUR VISITIATION PER WEEK.
* ANY AND ALL OF THE ABOVE VISITATION RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER OR HIS DESIGNEE.