Kathy Sinnott Gardner
At the Otsego County Clerks Office our responsibilities to the community are pretty vast and we always strive to ensure accuracy of your documents. The County Clerk Office has been known throughout the years to be referred to as "Keeper of the Records." The records in this office are permanent and will always be here if you need them.
This office ranges from land records that include deeds, mortgages, leases, easements and civil documents that maintain judgment dockets. We also handle Court & Trust registers and collect monies on fines and surcharges ordered to be paid in court.
- Our records are available online for your convienence. Click on the Online Indexes tab for more information
- Otsego County offers e-recording for your land documents. Visit one of our vendors today to get started.
- Otsego County is a mandatory EFiling county
In addition the County Clerk also governs The Department of Motor Vehicles. Otsego County has 2 Department of Motor Vehicle Offices, one in the county building in Cooperstown and one in Oneonta.
- The Otsego County Clerk's office does not supply forms for recordings or filing.
- You can obtain forms through an office supply shop or online.
- We are not permitted to give legal advice.
- The Otsego County Clerk's Office DOES NOT accept debit/credit cards or personal checks for recordings or filings
Thank you for your understanding.