Otsego County Clerk's Office is continually striving to keep up with todays technology and changing laws. All staff members have been on staff for MANY years and are very knowledgable in all aspects whether you are searching for your deed or recording a large transaction. We are here to help you as much as we can,
although we can not assist you in filling out your documents we can provide you with a little bit of guidance and point you in the right direction.
We are a passport acceptance agency and have several staff members that can process your application, visit the passport link for more information.
- Online availability of our records. Click on the Online Indexes tab for more information
- Otsego County offers e-recording for your land documents. Visit one of our vendors today to get started.
- Otsego County is a mandatory EFiling county as of May 23, 2018
The County Clerks Office records all real property recordings including but not limited to:
- Deeds and Mortgages
- Mortgage Satisfactions
- Survey maps (we strongly recommend you call our office to verify you have everything you need to file you survey)
- Leases, easements, right of ways, boundary line agreements
- UCC’s that pertain to real property (if your ucc is a fixture filing you need to file that with New York State)
- Power of Attorney filings
- Notary renewals
- Assumed business names (DBA's)
- Filing of pistol permits
- PLEASE NOTE
- The Office of the County Clerk ONLY accepts land recordings up to 3:45 in July & August and 4:15 September-June
The County Clerks Office files civil documents including but not limited to:
- Matrimonial (divorces)
- Name Changes
- Foreclosures, Lis Pendens
- Warrants, transcripts
Other records and services:
- We do not have vital records.
- Birth or death certificates are obtained from the town where the individual was born or passed.
- Marriage Licenses are obtained from the town where originally purchased.
- We do not handle traffic tickets. You need to contact the town where you received the ticket.
- The Office of the County Clerk does not do genealogy research.
- We do not supply forms for recordings or filing. These forms can be purchased at an office supply store or online.
- We are not permitted to give legal advice.
Thank you for your understanding.