Maternal Child Health
Maternal Child Health Coordinator
Babies don’t come with instructions, but the visiting nurses of Otsego County Public Health Nursing can help with a Mother/Baby Home Visit.
The visiting nurse can:
- Assess the well-being of both you and your baby.
- Provide advice on ways to care for, feed and bathe your baby.
- If you are breastfeeding, provide reliable lactation counseling and support.
- Offer advice to help siblings and pets adjust to a new baby in the home.
- Provide help in learning how to childproof your home.
- Provide emotional support for you and your family.
- SIDS: "Back to Sleep" Campaign www.nichd.nih.gov/sids/
- Click to learn more about Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Click here to Download or View The Parent Handy Book (A great resource for all parents)
Department of Health
140 County Highway 33W - Suite 3
Cooperstown, NY 13326
Office Hours: 4:30-8:30
Summer Hours: 9:00-4:00
After Hours: 607-547-1697