Eligible individuals can go to https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/ or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829) to schedule an appointment to be vaccinated. Currently, there are no state clinics in the local area, so appointments through this avenue will have to be able to travel to Binghamton, Albany, Utica or further.
Seniors age 65+ can also check out the following links to register at Rite Aid, Kinney Drugs or Walgreens where they can get local appointments (although still limited availability)
- Rite Aid - https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/ or by calling (833) 697-4829
- Kinney Drugs - https://www.kinneydrugs.com/pharmacy/covid-19/vaccination-scheduling/ny/
- CVS - https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Walgreens website - https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
- Bassett is also scheduling clinics for the 1b group as they receive vaccine, including some Saturday clinics. Seniors still need to go to the above link or phone number for the state to access appointments at the Bassett sites.
Please be patient as the availability of vaccine is limited and demand is very high right now. It will take months for the large group of seniors (approx 13,000 in Otsego) to be vaccinated.
Remember: whether vaccinated or not, everyone needs to continue to practice all safety precautions and maintain social distance, wear your mask at all times when out of your home and wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer when washing hands is not an option.
Click here for a summary of pharmacies and their vaccine plans