Office phone: (607) 322-4046
Mobile phone: (315) 719-1223
Visit ThisIsCooperstown.com for information on attractions, lodging, dining, events and recreation.
The Destination Marketing Corporation for Otsego County (DMCOC) was established in 2014 as a not-for-profit 501c6. The DMCOC, by contract with the County of Otsego, is the designated Tourism Promotion Agency (TPA) under the New York State Tourism Matching Funds Program.
The purpose of the organization is to actively promote and market Otsego County for the purpose of encouraging overnight visitation, thus contributing to the economic impact of tourism in our communities through the generation of occupancy tax revenues.
The DMCOC is funded by occupancy tax revenues (contract with Otsego County); cooperative marketing investments with tourism partners; and annual grants from the NYS Division of Tourism/Matching Funds Program.
Board of Directors:
The organization is governed by a ten-member Board of Directors which meets six times a year (more as needed for special projects) at the agency office, 20 Chestnut Street, Cooperstown.
Second Thursday, every other month.
Time: 2 to 4 pm.
- January 2016
- March 2016
- May 2016
- July 2016
- September 2016
- November 2016
- January 2017
- March 2017
- May 2017
- July 2017
- September 2017
- November 2017
- January 2018
- March 2018
- May 2018
- Jim Miles, Chair (Otesaga Resort Hotel)
- Bill Michaels, Vice Chair (Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard)
- Ken Meifert, Treasurer (National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum)
- Camilla Morris, Secretary (Hale Transportation)
- Meg Kennedy (Otsego County Board of Representatives)
- Matt Hazzard (Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce)
- Edwin Cox (Otsego County Chamber of Commerce)
- Bob Holt (Railroad Inn)
- Hope Kabir (Hampton Inn Oneonta)
- Todd Kenyon (The Farmers’ Museum/Fenimore Art Museum)
- BBG&G, Campbell Hall, NY
- Leisure; Group; Tour
- Other initiatives include hosting travel writers and familiarization tours (FAM); working with film crews, etc.
- All tourism businesses in Otsego County (attractions, lodging, dining, events, recreation) are listed free of charge on www.ThisIsCooperstown.com, under the guidelines of the I Love New York Matching Funds Program. All tourism-related businesses and events are also posted on www.Iloveny.com.
- All advertising is done within a three- to four-hour radius of Otsego County. Distribution of the lure piece is by download from the website and by mail, with some located at high-volume information centers (Thruway; gateway to NY centers).
- Events listings: NYS Matching Funds Guidelines require that events will attract visitors. I Love NY
- Lodging listings: Required to submit a form listing information (address/contact info/amenities), with high resolution images. Also required to sign off on required government regulations.
Cooperative Marketing Opportunities:
- The DMCOC offers a tiered cooperative marketing program to expand exposure over and beyond the free listings on the site. Please contact the office for information.
DMCOC Accomplishments, 2014 – 2016
- Incorporation (2014)
- Website User Survey (2014 – 15)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) for ad agency (2015) – AdWorkshop
- Branding Study (2015 – 16)
- Two to three marketing meetings each year (tourism businesses invited)
Central New York Region (Broome, Chenango, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Schoharie counties)