Looking for rooms, restaurants, events and other things to do?
Visit ThisIsCooperstown.com for all of your Cooperstown and Otsego County traveling tips and ideas.
Looking for information about Baseball Hall of Fame's Induction Weekend?
The Destination Marketing Corporation for Otsego County (DMCOC) was established in 2014 as a not-for-profit 501c6. By contract with Otsego County, the DMCOC has been designated the Tourism Promotion Agency (TPA) under the New York State Tourism Matching Funds Program. The DMCOC is funded by a portion of the occupancy tax revenues collected in contract with Otsego County; Cooperative marketing investments with tourism Partners; and annual grants from the NYS Division of Tourism/Matching Funds Program.
Mission Statement: To actively promote and market Otsego County for the purpose of encouraging overnight visitation thus contributing to the economic impact of tourism in our communities through the generation of occupancy tax revenues.
DMCOC Accomplishments, 2014 – Present
- Incorporation (2014)
- Website User Survey (2014 – 15)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) for ad agency (2015) – AdWorkshop
- Branding Study (2015 – 16)
- Staff Transition, December 2017
- Request for Proposals (RFP) for ad agency (2018) – BBG&G Advertising
- Customer Survey (2018)
- Tourism Summit (2018)
- Tourism Round Tables – quarterly beginning 2019
- A new website (launched June 2019)
- The consistent increase of Occupancy Tax collected year-to-year
- Significant increase of total DMCOC Partnerships, since 2017