None at this time
Otsego County Civil Service Opportunities
According to Civil Service Law, additional credits on examinations are granted to successful candidates who have claimed and established status as veterans. These credits are granted on the following basis:
- DISABLED VETERANS: 10 points for Open-Competitive Exams; 5 points for Promotional Exams
- NON-DISABLED VETERANS: 5 points for Open-Competitive Exams; 2.5 points for Promotional Exams
For more information about exams, vacancies and other employment information, click here.
As a military veteran, you receive priority service at the Chenango-Deleware-Otsego Work Force.
For more information you may visit their website by clicking here.
Chenango/Delaware/Otsego Local Workforce Investment Area
CDO Workforce 12 Dietz Street
Oneonta, NY 13820
Hours: M-F: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Street, Lot parking 1/2 block away
Public Transit Access: Bus line 1/2 block away
Current Job Opportunities
Periodically our office will receive notices for local job opportunities.
Once we recieve these notices they will be posted below:
Below you will find links to different veteran employment resources:
- Helmets to Hardhats - Helmets to Hardhats is the fastest way for Military, Reservists & Guardsmen to transition from active duty to a career in the construction industry.
- Hire a Hero - Hire A Hero is the premier online job board and community of choice for those who have served our country. Hire A Hero has helped thousands of veterans and their spouses connect to employers who value their service, work ethic and loyalty to our country.
- USA Jobs Veterans' Employment Resource Center - USAJOBS is the U.S. Government’s official system/program for Federal jobs and employment information.
- VetJobs - VetJobs is designed for transitioning military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members and veterans that have separated over the last several decades. VetJobs is a leading source for candidates with security clearances.